Sunday, November 29, 2009

Featured: The Moss Garden


Think snow!  Many are predicting that this will be a snowy winter to remember so I wasn't really surprised when a sprinkling of rain turned to sleet and then some snow flakes just briefly fell from the gray sky on Thanksgiving morning.  It was brief, and then the sun came out and it was all but forgotten.  Then I saw these lovely earrings with the hollow glass balls, like swirling snow. With the unmatched snowflakes (no two are alike) they instantly brought back the snow! These are from an Etsy shop called "The Moss Garden".

The shop owner, Victoria,  (from Montreal, Canada) says: "  I'm currently majoring in wildlife biology at university, so I am very interested in making jewelry with a zoological or botanical theme. I also call the Pacific northwest my home, so a lot of what I love and make has something to do with the ocean or the forest - Ucluelet, British Columbia is my favourite place on the planet. I am applying to veterinary school this year and I would one day like to work in the field of conservation medicine with endangered wildlife."  Looking through her shop it is not surprising to see that many of her jewelry themes reflect the things she loves.


I also congratulate and encourage Victoria's industrious nature as a student, who probably has a very full schedule, and yet is making and taking the time to create and sell her lovely jewelry!  Her jewelry would make lovely gifts for anyone but would be especially appreciated by the people on your list that care about conservation and wildlife issues and know that they can help support someone working her way into a life of service as a vet.  If you are curious and want to know more about her (and see some really nice photography too)- read her blog!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I was very thankful for my family who helped make this holiday a time for memories and reflection.

1 comment:

Almost Precious said...

Lovely earrings at The Moss Garden. Really like your blog too. I've had my blog up and running for what seems like a year now and had hoped to reach the 200 follower mark before 2010...don't think I'm going to make it. LOL Wish I knew the secret of getting dedicated followers, I'd write a blog on it if I knew. =D

Related Posts with Thumbnails